Completion Date: 1991
Contract Value: $85K
Sea Surveyor conducted a complex 1-year oceanographic investigation along the southeast coast of Thailand. Our oceanographic data was used to design an ocean intake/outfall structure for a Japanese-owned aquaculture farm. Our survey characterized the oceanographic conditions immediately before and after the monsoon season. The data collected during the oceanographic investigation included:
• Plume dye studies and drogue tracking along 70 km of the Thailand coastline
• Steady-state dye studies using existing ocean outfall structures.
• 1-year current monitoring using InterOcean S-4 current meters.
• 1-year tide monitoring to establish mean sea level.
• Beach profiles along 24 transects spaced at 1-mile intervals along shore,